The “Coming 2 America” they wanted to see:
- Akeem knowingly walked away from his son
- Lisa and Mary fighting instead of being friends
- Lavell selling dope instead of game tickets
- A new light skin person to the rescue
- Meeka chasing a man instead of chasing her purpose. She trained her whole life to be a Queen, not some man’s queen.
- Akeem having it all together and figured out
- Lisa’s thottin sister still running around causing chaos
- Lavell rejecting Akeem
- Lavell at least sleeps with Bopopto Izzi because she’s sexy
- Akeem kills General Izzi because it’s impossible to make peace with an enemy
Some of you need to say what you mean, it wasn’t ratchet enough for you. You might have missed the quality of the movie because you missed the fact that you were watching a story of emotionally grounded people! Some of you watched only wanting to laugh, not think, consider, understand, or grow.
So, if you didn’t slap your knee laughing you wrote off the movie as trash because you have no further dimensions. I commend Eddie Murphy for not reducing the brand of his franchise to fit the ratchet and ridiculous representation of blacks we see in media today.
Job well done. This depiction of black excellence served my soul well. You don’t have to give it 2 thumbs up just because it’s black produced, but don’t give it 2 thumbs down just because it’s black produced either. In life it’s never the fact that you dislike something or someone; it’s how you “dislike” that reveals your character. ❤️🙏💯