The latest power rankings in NASCAR prove it is a team sport. The first six slots are held down by two crews. Hendrick Motorsports and Joe Gibbs Racing have been dominating NASCAR for some time now. A championship driver is made up of a team who’s just as hungry, it takes a village to win at a consistent level.
Over the weekend, the Coca-Cola 600 took place, and Kyle Larson the new #1 driver in NASCAR’s Power Rankings took the W. The win was number 269 for Hendrick Motor Sports, surpassing the ‘ICONIC’ Petty racing team. IMUer’s check out the new top 10 below. Ryan Blaney was ranked 9th last week, has dropped out of the rankings.
NASCAR Power Rankings After Coca-Cola 600
- Kyle Larson: (Prev Week: No. 3)- Swept the Coca-Cola 600 and maxed out the 70 point total.
- Chase Elliott: (Prev Week: No. 5)- Last 5 races have placed 7th or better and have three consecutive top 3’s.
- William Byron: (Prev Week: No. 2)- Byron has 12 top 10 finishes in the last 13 races.
- Denny Hamlin: (Prev Week: No. 4)- Last 4 races, 5th, two 7ths, and a 14th place finish for the points leader.
- Martin Truex Jr.: (Prev Week: Top Shoota No.1)- Has been on a cold streak but still has a season-high 3 wins.
- Kyle Busch: (Prev Week: No.10)- Three top-fives in the last five races.
- Alex Bowman: (Prev Week: No. 8)- Alex has three consecutive top-ten finishes.
- Kevin Harvick: (Prev Week: No. 7)- Harvick has been resilient in the last six races he’s got 5 top 10’s.
- Joey Logano: (Prev Week: No. 6)- Logano didn’t have a strong showing at Charlotte and dropped three spots.
- Tyler Reddick: (Prev Week: Uncharted)- Reddick is crushing it as of late he’s got 7 top 10’s in the last 9 races.
A Victory Lap For Larson
Source: NBC Sports
Videos: Cito Browne & FOX Sports
Cover Photo: Yahoo News Canada
Photos 1,2, & 3: Yahoo News Canada