|Ocean||Master or Guru|
|Translates Into||Ocean of Wisdom|
Tenzin Gyatso was born in 1937 to a family of peasants. In 1933 the 13th Dalai Lama Thubten Gyatso passed away. If you care about humanity you should at nothing else be open to listing to the wisdom of ‘The Dalai Lama’ for a few minutes if you’ve never had the experience. A homie of mine in Jersey City was blessed to hear for herself, and got to be in the same room with this man’s incredible, compassionate, presence, how Dope is that!!
When Tenzin Gyatso was 23-years-old tensions between China and Tibet were intense. On March 17, 1959, Gyatso made a decision. The young monk disguised himself as a soldier and escaped from his palace in Lhasa. Tibet at the time was so dangerous, with the Chinese army at his heels Tenzin needed to achieve his asylum quickly. Moving like ghosts through the night Gyatso and his followers were able to get a letter to the Prime Minister of India seeking Refuge. The letter was accepted and Sanctuary was granted. Tenzin and his tribe started building their community in the region of ‘DHARAMSHALA.’
February 22, 1940, Tenzin became the 14th Dalai Lama. To become the next in line is a very sacred process. In a nutshell, this is how it works. The Dalai Lama is found at a very young age by the Panchen Lama. They are the second most important figure in Tibetan Buddhism. They are responsible for finding the reincarnated child who’s been born somewhere on Planet Earth.
Historical Breakdown Of The 14 Dalai Lama’s
- 1st Dalai Lama- Tsongkhapa was able to establish three monasteries in the province of U in Lhasa before he passed in 1419. He became Abbot of the greatest one, Drepung.
- 2nd Dalai Lama- Gendun Gyatso (1475-1542)
- 3rd Dalai Lama- Sonam Gyatso (1543-1588)
- 4th Dalai Lama- Yonten Gyatso (1589-1617)
- 5th Dalai Lama- Ngawang Lobsang Gyatso; The Great Fifth (1617-1682)
- 6th Dalai Lama- Tsangyang Gyatso (1683-1706)
- 7th Dalai Lama- Kelzang Gyatso (1708-1757)
- 8th Dalai Lama- Jamphel Gyatso (1758-1804)
- 9th Dalai Lama- Lungtok Gyatso (1805/06- 1815) First in a succession of Four Dalai Lama’s to be murdered before turning 22
- 10th Dalai Lama- Tsultrim Gyatso (March 29, 1816-September 30, 1837)
- 11th Dalai Lama- Khedrup Gyatso (November 1, 1838-January, 1856)
- 12th Dalai Lama- Trinley Gyatso (January 26, 1857-April 25, 1875)
- 13th Dalai Lama- Thubten Gyatso (February 12, 1876-December 17, 1933)
- 14th Dalai Lama- Tenzin Gyasto (1937-Present)
The Chinese government is trying to change how the next Dalai Lama is appointed. I am going to leave it there and let you all watch the video above and think about it for yourselves. The Dalai Lama is a Holy figure similar to The Pope, and the 15th has already been written and is a sacred natural happening, not one to be controlled by a government.
IMUer’s watch the videos below to laugh, learn, and listen to one of the most respected minds in the universe. I bet aliens even listen to the Dalai Lama. I know when he speaks I listen with both 👂🏼ears👂🏼.
Dalai Lama HighLights
Cover Photo: NPR
Photo 1; The New Yorker
Videos: YouTube & Dalai Lama